After a 5-alarm fire destroyed a new apartment building in Montrose on Tuesday, March 25, we here at Goode Company wanted to recognize and salute the bravery and hard work of our city’s firefighters. As a way of tipping our hats to these heroes, we invited all Houston Fire Department employees to our BBQ Kirby location on Wednesday, March 26 to enjoy a BBQ sandwich on us.
We were honored to serve our BBQ sandwiches to firefighters throughout the day, including Senior Captain Brad Hawthorne, the firefighter who rescued the construction worker from the burning building. It was a pleasure and an honor meeting and thanking the fine men and women of the Houston Fire Department.
From all of us at Goode Company, thank you to all those who keep our city and the residents safe.
Media covering the Goode News:
- KPRC Local 2 News, 10 p.m., March 25
- FOX 26 News, 6 a.m., March 26
- ABC 13 Eyewitness News, 6 a.m., March 26
- FOX 26 News, 8 a.m., March 26
- KHOU 11 News, 5 p.m., March 26
- “Houston finding ways to offer thanks for HFD battling monster blaze” from the Houston Chronicle, March 26
- “Worker thanks God and firefighters for saving his life” from the Houston Chronicle, March 26
- “Heroic efforts battling massive Montrose fire recognized: Firefighters getting free food, drinks” from CultureMap, March 26