Quick wit and sharp shooters, Texans are in a league of their own and aren’t afraid of a little adventure. We’re putting y’all to the test with a new Texas-proud quiz by pairing these interesting facts with the appropriate Texas legend.
Match the number from the fact lists with the letter from the Texas legends and scroll to the bottom to see the correct answers.
1. This Texas legend was born in Lubbock, Texas and is considered the founder of rock and roll.
2. Born in Refugio, Texas, this famous Texas legend played for two major sports teams in Texas during his 27-year career.
3. Known as the First Lady of Texas, this famous Texan was an avid art collector and many of her pieces were donated to the Museum of Fine Arts Houston.
4. This famous Texan was born in Houston, Texas and started a music group in his hometown in the late 1960s.
5. This Texas legend fought in WWII and was in a helicopter crash while serving.
A. George H.W. Bush
B. Buddy Holly
C. Ima Hogg
D. Nolan Ryan
E. William “Billy” Gibbons