With Independence Day this weekend, we’ve focused our latest Trivia Quiz on the good ‘ole US of A. While we like to keep things pretty darn Texan around here, we want to see how well you know your American history. Scroll down to take our American Trivia Quiz.
1. July 4th celebrates American independence. What nation did we break away from?
b. Great Britain
2. True or False: Eagle Pass, Texas is one 70 places have “eagle” in their names.
3. Where was the Declaration adopted and signed?
a. Washington, D.C.
c. New York City
4. How many people signed the Declaration of Independence?
5. What country star sings American Soldier, Courtesy of the Red, White and Blue and Made in America?
a. Toby Keith
b. Kenny Chesney
c. George Strait
d. Garth Brooks
6. Who designed the American Flag?
a. Martha Washington
b. Betsy Ross
c. Thomas Jefferson
d. George Washington
7. How many amendments make up the Bill of Rights?
8. Who wrote the Star Spangled Banner?
a. Francis Scott Key
b. Irving Berlin
c. Katharine Lee Bates
9. Fill in the blanks. Which words are missing from the Pledge of Allegiance?
I pledge allegiance to the Flag of the United States of America, and to the ________ for which it stands, one Nation under God, _________, with liberty and justice for all.
10. Which of the following presidents is not on Mount Rushmore?
a. George Washington
b. Abraham Lincoln
c. Theodore Roosevelt
d. Ronald Reagan
Check your answers here!
1. b. Great Britain
2. False. There are 35 places throughout the US that have the word eagle in their name.
3. d. Philadelphia
4. c. 56
5. a. Toby Keith
6. b. Betsy Ross
7. b. 10
8. a. Francis Scott Key
9. I pledge allegiance to the Flag of the United States of America, and to the Republic for which it stands, one Nation under God, Indivisible, with liberty and justice for all.
10. d. Ronald Reagan